Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Scad Sensor

Monitoring the Black Water Tank

I have a 20 gallon black water holding tank that has always required a very manual inspection process. I would have to use a flashlight to inspect under the v-berth to see if I could spot the tank level. Never a plesant job.

I installed a Scad TM1 monitoring system that lets me check the level from inside the head with the push of a button. The system uses SCAD's external stick-on tank level sensors that cannot get fouled. The monitor automatically checks and alerts when liquid levels are critical. This has required a lot of calibration so we are watching levels closely until we're completely confident.

There is a visual alarm that can be used to check the tank level. I've NOT installed the audible alarm option. There is a power wire that provides 1 Amp at battery voltage which can be set to trigger the alarm.



Data Sheet


No comments: